In recent weeks,, my host for my blog “Notes from a Boy @ The Window,” has been informing me that they will no longer support my regular FTPs from to my website Fear of a “Black” as of May 1. Given the limited options available to me from, I have decided to migrate my blog to between now and May 1, 2010.

But there’s a bit more to it than this. I’ve contemplated the idea of another website or domain over the past year or two. One, if you’re engaged in promoting another book manuscript or idea as Boy @ The Window, it probably doesn’t help to have a blog about it linked to the website for your first book. Two, despite number one, it’s problematic to migrate any blog when the number of visitors and the amount of traffic that it has attracted has grown steadily over the past three years. Three, so many things besides my blog are on this website that it felt both risky and expensive to have two websites with the same blog running at the same time. After looking into it, it seems like WordPress (in .com or .org form) is my best option for migration and other options, including FTP if I so choose.

So here’s my plan. I will create a new domain/blog at in the next week or so, and maintain the blogs at that domain and simultaneously until April 30, 2010. At that point, I will have either made the decision to also have in order to FTP my blog to or decided against it, using the new domain (which will likely be as my primary or, possibly even, only domain presence beginning May 1 of this year. Either way, my online presence is in transition. I hope that all of you will be supportive and patient as this transition occurs. Thanks a bunch.